Saturday, March 29, 2014

Review Time!

Time for a review! Something I've used in the past (probably 20 years ago or so) and HATED. I thought it was about time I tried something new out!


 

Introducing:

Maybelline Express Remover




I was a little bit hesitant about buying it in the beginning because for a start it was $10NZD! That's EXPENSIVE. I can buy 500mL of normal remover for $4.99. 

Way back in the dinosaur ages you could buy a pot half the size of this (and an unknown brand) which only really took off the cheapest of polishes and smelled super bad. This stuff doesn't really smell much better - it claims to be acetone free as well. It does make me wonder sometimes by the smell of these products if they are in fact acetone free. It seemed to dry my cuticles more than a non acetone polish. 

But anyway, I got it. Lets have a look at the back of the pot.

Dip, twist and remove. Simple as that eh? Lets have a look and see how it did taking off my heavy-glitter polish I had on, shall we?



Left ALL the glitter on, took all the polish off. 
Now, we all know that glitter is a complete bastard to get off yea? Well this made it even harder to get off. I ended up having to scrape it off with a bamboo pusher after soaking it with acetone afterwards. What on earth? My poor cuticle :( However, it's REALLY good and fast at removing plan ol' glitter free stuff. 
I've decided that I will use it for plain colours and for swatching when the polish isn't dry. It's fine for removing glitter that way - HOWEVER - Be warned, it leaves the glitter on the sponge and covers your fingers in it. I spent ages picking it off of my fingers last night after removing a simple, large glittered polish after swatching. Mental. 

Would I buy it again? Probably not. I would recommend it to people that don't wear glitters.

No comments:

Post a Comment