Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Mini Galaxies On My Nails...

Well well well. 
I got some nail mail from the lovely Steph from Nail Juice today and to my extreme suprise, she'd included a bottle of her very own Nail Juice - Good Karma for me to try! It was pants shittingly (is that even a word?) exciting! 
Steph & Dan are doing an A.M.A.Z.I.N.G range of hand mixed awesome polishes which you can find on Etsy here, her blog here and on Steph's facebook page here

Nail Juice - Good Karma


Anyway, on to the review!

I'm not usually a fan of polishes with massive amounts of glitter as I wear acrylics or perscription nails and getting it off is a complete pain in the ass (acetone eats away at falsies sooooo badly and even acetone free wears them away), but this polish.. oh my. I am totally in love. 





Lets start with the bottle. Isn't it pretty? Bottle choice is a big thing for me. I like bottles with a flat square base as I am a real clutz and tend to spill things a LOT. The label is awesome too! Although perhaps I'd suggest to Steph that she gets a range of white printing for bottles with darker polish inside. It will make it easier to read! The black wand cap thingee with the brush attached (do you like my awesome technical terms?), is nice and professional in black as well! 





  •  Application: Brilliant! No fishing required in order to apply good amounts of glitter. I neglected to take coat by coat pictures as I was too excited and had to put it on straight away, but the first coat is a nice sheer dark blue. When building up the coats it really becomes opaque and so dark! Now on to the polish itself!






  • The Glitter: Lovely! No taco's whatsoever. I know the glitter is only small, but I've still had some in the past where they taco and it's really irritating. We have little teeny tiny micros right up to larger holo hexies. In the sunshine it really sparkles. Not a good idea to wear this polish and spend most of my time driving to pre-school to pick up the small person looking at it! I must have looked like an idiot haha.






  • Drying Time: It took a little longer than some of my other polishes - this may possibly be because I was far too impatient when applying coats (I have 3 on) and didn't let previous coats dry all the way through before applying the next! That and I have a shitty top coat which takes 10 years to dry. Remind me to invest in a quick dry, yes? 
  • Price: At $18 a bottle (and free shipping in NZ), it's well worth it. Good hand crafted polishes are hard to come by in NZ, there are only two that I have tried and loved (Nail Juice and Star Kin). 
  • Overall Experience: 5 stars, 100% happy, will purchase a LOT of Steph & Dan's Nail Juice. I suggest you ALL go and buy some. You know you want to. Seriously


So there you go. Support Steph & Dan in their awesome polish making venture - theres a great palette of colours available on their Etsy shop right now. Also, go check out Glam-Madam and her review of Sprinkles by Nail Juice too! 

1 comment: