Monday, September 23, 2013

Nostalgic Review!

I had nail mail this morning!
Thanks to the lovely Serra from Addicted to Pretty Things, we did a group order of Nostalgic Nail Lacquer. I ordered two as I totally couldn't make my mind up on what to get!
I finally (after MUCH viewing), on Cherie and Girls on Film.

Today I have written up a review of Cherie. 

Being that Cherie is a jelly, the hot pink base of the polish was quite thin. I ended up using undies with it as it didn't achieve the coverage that I wanted. I ended up using Sinful Colors Boom Boom. FIVE coats later, I was able to get enough chunky glitter out to make a good even coverage. I like a lot of glitter - the swatches I've seen of this polish show a light spread of it. I did find (compared to Girls on Film), that the glitter sank REAL fast and I had to cap and shake before each new coat on a nail.
Other than that, I'm super duper happy with this polish! It's exciting because it's my first hand made polish!




1 comment:

  1. Hi Alex! I've chosen your blog for the "Versatile blogger award", I hope you'll accept the award :)
    http://glam-madam.blogspot.co.nz/2013/10/versatile-blogger-award-yippee.html
    cheers, pk

    ReplyDelete